Meta have freshened up Reels on Instagram, implementing a variety of exciting new features which are sure to leave you even more addicted to your smartphone than ever before…
Reels are Now Up to 90 Seconds Long:
- Reels can now be up to 90 seconds long, giving you the chance to develop a stronger narrative with your content.
- You can choose music within the app’s audio library, and this will match the duration of the reel (60 seconds, 90 seconds, etc.)
You Can Now Import Your Own Audio:
- You can now import your own audio directly within Instagram Reels, to add commentary or background noise from any video that’s at least 5 seconds long on your camera roll.
- Worried about getting sued? Don’t – If licensed music is detected, it will be auto-attributed and linked to the song’s audio page.
There’s New Sound Effects:
- The newly expanded sound bank features everything from airhorns to crickets, which you can use to spice up your content and keep your users watching.
- Love the stickers from Instagram Stories? Well almost all of them are now available on Reels, providing you with even more opportunities to engage with your followers. Here’s a few of our faves:
- Poll: Making a two-part reel? Poll your audience on what should happen in your next video so they can help shape what comes next.
- Quiz: Put your audience’s skills to the test (or teach them something new!).
- Emoji Slider: Let your audience give you direct feedback on what you’re making.
- Interactive stickers are a great way to spark engagement amongst your mates and fans alike, bringing your community closer together. Plus, their direct feedback can help inspire future reels content that resonates most with your audience.
- Templates allow you to easily create a reel using another one as a template.
It pre-loads the audio and clip placeholders, so all you have to do is add and trim your unique clips.